Dogs Welcome Facebook Group
Dog's Welcome Website / Certification
- Food dishes, water bowls
- Pet beds
- Dog treats / healthy
- Dog beds
- Extra leashes
- Outdoor play areas (fenced yard)
- Pooper scooper and waste bags.
- Shaded yard with dog pool, dog water.
- Chew Toys, snugglies
- Swimming pool, water, ladder, skimming tool, dog floats
- Extra towels for pets (colored towels)
- Waterproof blanket for sofa or beds
- Vacuum and enzyme cleaner for pet hair and stains.
- First aid kit
- Cat scratch thingy/cat toys?
- Dog-friendly restaurants and shops
- Emergency Vet and groomer recommendations, doggy daycare,
- Info about nearby trails, beaches, and parks
Guest Communication and Rules
- Be clear about pet rules. If they can’t get on the sofa, where can they hang out - pet beds? Blankets? If they sleep on the bed, they are going to sleep on the bed… you can’t stop them, so make it easier.
- Where do they dispose of dog poop? Do you have bags? A specific trash can?
- Pet fees - consider both options - does it cost you more money to allow pets? Does it cost you more to allow 2? Why not big dogs? Consider extra cleaning fees if there is a problem (deposit)
- Pet communication - a letter to the dogs about rules and where they can go. (from your pet to theirs?)
- Add a section to your guest guide and send an email out before the stay reminding them of where they can take their pet - trails, beaches, times, restaurants, parks, etc.
Marketing your dog-friendly vacation rental
Website and listing sites:
- Optimize your listing. Use those terms pet-friendly, dog-friendly, love dogs, pets welcome, we love our dogs and we will love yours, Do keyword research.
- Pet-friendly filter on your website. (cottage stays )
- Add a full paragraph about your pet-friendly features to your listing description
- Lots of photos of dogs enjoying your home and the amenities you provide. Stayed at a place because of a photo of a dog in the pool.
- Blog posts about dog-friendly things to do. Articles about dog-friendly restaurants, hiking trails, etc.
- Share engaging content featuring pets enjoying your property,
- post helpful tips for traveling with pets, and
- engage with pet-related communities
- Consider pet travel influencers.
- Use pet-related hashtags on Instagram (show notes) #dogfriendlyairbnb huge, but think of smaller more specific hashtags like “#dogfriendlyaustin
- Consider sharing photos and reels of your own pets to increase your following.
- This can help you reach a wider audience of pet owners.
- Ask guests to send photos and videos of their pets playing and make this a reel or highlight series.
- Collect specific reviews from dog parents and display those on social media
- Dog-friendly travel groups on Facebook
- Share your love of pets with your audience.
- lead magnet - dog-friendly things to do.